Thursday, March 20, 2008

Playing a Little Razz

Well I did jump into the $5 razz tourney the other night and got 3 playable hands. Each of them bricked and I went out without much of a fight. I did win one hand when I was the bring in while having a king up and a guy only calls. I had 34 behind and hit a 7 on 4th street while he hits a queen. I called his bet and hit an ace on 5th to his 8 and we both checked. I hit and 8 and bet out and he folded. That’s all I had for the whole tourney. If bets pre-flop I would have folded.

I did play a little razz cash at the 1/2 level last night and had some fun. I was card dead early and was down about $20 before the cards started to turn. I tagged a few players after watching them play and started to come back. One player limped with a big card back and a low card up every time so I started to play at him a little. The I caught the mother load after getting back to a little more than my starting stack.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5706525337: Table Walnut - $1/$2 Ante $0.20 - Limit Razz - 1:01:00 ET - 2008/03/20
Seat 1: JoeWinsor ($7.50)
Seat 2: surflexus ($105.80)
Seat 3: Royal_Clown ($28.65), is sitting out
Seat 4: elainelowman ($17.40)
Seat 7: Talawah ($10.65)
Seat 8: pokerenthusiast ($42.10)
Talawah antes $0.20
surflexus antes $0.20
JoeWinsor antes $0.20
pokerenthusiast antes $0.20
elainelowman antes $0.20
*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to JoeWinsor [Qh]
Dealt to surflexus [Ad]
Dealt to elainelowman [2c]
Dealt to Talawah [9c]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5c 7h] [3h] – I will always play this type of hand.
JoeWinsor is high with [Qh]
JoeWinsor brings in for $0.25
surflexus calls $0.25 – calls to keep the price low with a bunch of low cards behind. May be hiding strength.
elainelowman completes it to $1
Talawah folds
pokerenthusiast calls $1 – I only want to call here with three people probably being in the hand.
JoeWinsor raises to $2 – Guy with a queen raises. Wheeeeeeeeeeee.
surflexus raises to $3 – I like his re-raise to get some dead money into the pot.
elainelowman calls $2
pokerenthusiast: is this stud?
pokerenthusiast calls $2
JoeWinsor raises to $4
surflexus calls $1
elainelowman calls $1
pokerenthusiast calls $1

$16 plus in the pot…lets hope I catch. I should have gone ahead and re-raised to cap but figured some else would so why commit a read on my hand.

*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to JoeWinsor [Qh] [Tc]
Dealt to surflexus [Ad] [Qs]
Dealt to elainelowman [2c] [Ks]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5c 7h 3h] [Ah]
pokerenthusiast bets $1
JoeWinsor calls $1
surflexus calls $1
elainelowman calls $1

I’m loving it now. Dude has QT and calls. He is only behind every other player.

*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to JoeWinsor [Qh Tc] [Qc]
Dealt to surflexus [Ad Qs] [7d]
Dealt to elainelowman [2c Ks] [Ac]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5c 7h 3h Ah] [Kh]
surflexus checks
elainelowman checks
pokerenthusiast bets $2
JoeWinsor folds
JoeWinsor stands up
surflexus calls $2
elainelowman calls $2

I think Surf has bricked but maybe not. I want to keep the pressure on. Moron folds and leaves the table.

*** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to surflexus [Ad Qs 7d] [Jh]
Dealt to elainelowman [2c Ks Ac] [Kd]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5c 7h 3h Ah Kh] [4d]
surflexus checks
elainelowman checks
pokerenthusiast bets $2
surflexus calls $2
elainelowman calls $2

I am ahead and ready to go. They may think I have bricked or they may have good draws.

*** 7TH STREET ***
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [5c 7h 3h Ah Kh 4d] [6d] - Yessssss
surflexus checks
elainelowman checks
pokerenthusiast bets $2
surflexus folds
elainelowman folds
Uncalled bet of $2 returned to pokerenthusiast
pokerenthusiast mucks
pokerenthusiast wins the pot ($32)

They were drawing and bricked. I would have like to see one of them hit a good 7 there and try to re-pop me.

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $33 | Rake $1
Seat 1: JoeWinsor folded on 5th St.
Seat 2: surflexus folded on 7th St.
Seat 3: Royal_Clown is sitting out
Seat 4: elainelowman folded on 7th St.
Seat 7: Talawah folded on 3rd St.
Seat 8: pokerenthusiast collected ($32), mucked

Funny thing about playing that game is that I wanted to play a SNG but Surf was already playing razz so I jumped on. I played my PLO sng anyway and bubbled for the 547th straight time.

No comments: