Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Experiment....(Jude)

Went to hell in a handbasket......

Last night after work, I signed up for the late night $10 Razz mtt. Only 23 entrants for this one with 3 spots paying. It was going along fairly well after a slow start and I had been in the top 4 for several levels. I was feeling pretty good about my play until...

As we were nearing the final table, I had dropped a few spots and was thinking about my last post. (How I play far too passive late) So, I was looking to play a big pot and get back into the top 2/3 spot and be in good shape for the final table when this horrific hand went down.


Full Tilt Poker Game #6396170002: $10 + $1 Tournament (48546354), Table 1 - 150/300 Ante 25 - Limit Razz - 2:39:19 ET - 2008/05/13

Seat 2: ace of spaids1 (4,347)
Seat 3: Tom Jefferson (194)
Seat 4: prezone (785)
Seat 5: JudeSalem (2,432)
Seat 7: ryddler13 (2,999)
Seat 8: vip los g (2,564)


*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to ace of spaids1 [Ah]
Dealt to Tom Jefferson [9h]
Dealt to prezone [2s]
Dealt to JudeSalem [3c 6h] [Ac]
Dealt to ryddler13 [Jh]
Dealt to vip los g [6s]

ryddler13 brings in for 50
vip los g calls 50
ace of spaids1 folds
Tom Jefferson: good luck all. best i've seen in 10 rounds
Tom Jefferson has 15 seconds left to act
Tom Jefferson completes it to 150
prezone raises to 300
JudeSalem has 15 seconds left to act

So, Tom is short and decides to get his money in here with a 9.
Prezone only has 785 chips and he has also decided to get his money in here with his 2.
I think my 6 3 A is a great hand to go up against these two shorties and I really want to get vip los g out with his limped 6. Just like NL, the fewer the opponents, the better. I re-raise it.

JudeSalem raises to 450
ryddler13 has 15 seconds left to act
Tom Jefferson: if i get lucky i have a shot
ryddler13 folds
vip los g calls 400
Tom Jefferson calls 19, and is all in
prezone raises to 600
JudeSalem calls 150
vip los g calls 150

I knew prezone was going to cap it, but I could not believe vip los g came along after limping in.

*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to Tom Jefferson [9h] [Qs]
Dealt to prezone [2s] [8h]
Dealt to JudeSalem [3c 6h Ac] [5s]
Dealt to vip los g [6s] [2d]
JudeSalem bets 150
vip los g has 15 seconds left to act
vip los g raises to 300
prezone calls 160, and is all in
JudeSalem calls 150

Two players all in and vip catches a 2. This could be a disaster for me, as I really need a 2 and there are already two showing. Tom may even have one as he has pushed with his hand...but I don't see how I can fold this hand!

*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to Tom Jefferson [9h Qs] [8s]
Dealt to prezone [2s 8h] [Jc]
Dealt to JudeSalem [3c 6h Ac 5s] [Qc]
Dealt to vip los g [6s 2d] [3h]
vip los g bets 300
JudeSalem calls 300

Of course I get a Q and vip gets a 3. Lovely. The limper I was trying to push out with my reraise stayed in and is going to out draw me. Ugh!

*** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to Tom Jefferson [9h Qs 8s] [Kc]
Dealt to prezone [2s 8h Jc] [Tc]
Dealt to JudeSalem [3c 6h Ac 5s Qc] [5c]
Dealt to vip los g [6s 2d 3h] [9d]
vip los g bets 300
JudeSalem has 15 seconds left to act
JudeSalem calls 300

Sing along with me...She's a BRICK house...

***7TH STREET ***
Dealt to JudeSalem [3c 6h Ac 5s Qc 5c] [6d]
vip los g bets 300
JudeSalem folds
Uncalled bet of 300 returned to vip los g
vip los g wins side pot #2 (1,480)

I told ya it was a horrific hand.

*** SHOW DOWN ***

vip los g shows [5h 4d 6s 2d 3h 9d As] 5,4,3,2,
Aprezone mucksvip los g wins side pot #1 (1,773) with 5,4,3,2,A
Tom Jefferson mucks
vip los g wins the main pot (876) with 5,4,3,2,A
Tom Jefferson stands up
prezone stands up

*** SUMMARY ***
vip los g showed [5h 4d 6s 2d 3h 9d As] and won (4,129) with 5,4,3,2,A

Looking back, I could've folded on 5th and maybe have made a comeback. I don't know. It was a frustrating hand.

Tom commented in the chat that I played the hand too fast, but then later he said you have to make those plays and take those chances to go deep.

I think the 3 bet by me was correct in trying to get vip to fold; it just didn't work out. Any thoughts, dear readers?

Btw, I bubbled the final table in 9th due to this hand. :(

3 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

your confusing results and play. i think you played it fine with a 6-5 draw and so many people in you have to see the river.

Avi said...

I must take back my comment about you playing the hand too fast. I actually did not really see everything that went down as I was too concerned with the fact that I went with a 9 (I think I had something like 3-2 or 5-2 in the hole and was hoping to get lucky). I think you have no choice but to continue after 4th and you just got unlucky. And like I said, since only three got paid you pretty much have to try to win a big pot like that and you were in a good spot to do so.

I usually don't get impatient like that, even with a low stack but it looked like a few players were gonna call and if I got lucky (or they got unlucky or both) I could quadruple my stack. It's weird. I usually win those. LOL.

Good luck tonight if you play.

PS: I just look at the HH history. I had 5-3 in the hole. What was I thinking? That was literally the best I had seen in forever. Still no excuse. Bad play by me.

~TMS

jusdealem said...

Well as short as you were, I'm sure 9-5-3 looked like a monster at the time. I would've done the same, I'm sure.

Yea, I got pretty unlucky in that one and felt the same as you..."but I usually win those!" LOL

I probably won't get the chance to play it again until next week sometime. Busy week for me. Thanks and good luck to you, too. :)