Friday, February 1, 2008

Wow...3/6 is ...Wow

I had one of those night in that a moronic chaser raced me down when I had a solid 7 on 5th street and he drew out on me. It was a tourney so with no chance to reload I did the next best thing.. I committed more chips into the pot even though I knew i was behind. Not sure it would have made a difference because he knocked me out when I boated 2333445 and he called me down with a Q draw...yes a Q draw...If he pairs his Q I win with a better boat. Funny stuff.

I went to the 3/6 cash tables a little while later and made a small profit by just playing tight and playing my good hand hard.

Full Tilt Poker Game #5074562054: Table Fulton - $3/$6 Ante $0.50 - Limit Razz - 1:04:10 ET - 2008/02/01
Seat 1: trogde ($115.50)
Seat 2: Gerv ($53.50)
Seat 3: RHB111 ($117.50)
Seat 4: CORNCOBBFLOP ($220)
Seat 5: BeenHadStax ($343)
Seat 6: Sospiro ($71.50)
Seat 7: pokerenthusiast ($129)
Seat 8: XCrewLeader ($75.50)
trogde antes $0.50
Gerv antes $0.50
BeenHadStax antes $0.50
pokerenthusiast antes $0.50
RHB111 antes $0.50
CORNCOBBFLOP antes $0.50
XCrewLeader antes $0.50
Sospiro antes $0.50
*** 3RD STREET ***
Dealt to trogde [Ac]
Dealt to Gerv [Ad]
Dealt to RHB111 [7h]
Dealt to CORNCOBBFLOP [3d]
Dealt to BeenHadStax [9d]
Dealt to Sospiro [Td]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [6s 7d] [4c]
Dealt to XCrewLeader [Ah]
Sospiro is high with [Td]
Sospiro brings in for $1
pokerenthusiast completes it to $3
XCrewLeader calls $3
trogde calls $3
Gerv folds
RHB111 folds
CORNCOBBFLOP folds
BeenHadStax folds
Sospiro folds

Many of these players will float behind an early caller and try to steal the pot. Any one of these players has the ability to make a call with even two big cards back.

*** 4TH STREET ***
Dealt to trogde [Ac] [7s]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [6s 7d 4c] [3s]
Dealt to XCrewLeader [Ah] [Th]
pokerenthusiast bets $3
XCrewLeader calls $3
trogde calls $3

I lead out here to find out where I stand. The 7 could be ahead but crew is behind. It is also possible that trogde has an 8 or higher behind.

*** 5TH STREET ***
Dealt to trogde [Ac 7s] [Ks]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [6s 7d 4c 3s] [Qc]
Dealt to XCrewLeader [Ah Th] [2s]
XCrewLeader checks
trogde checks
pokerenthusiast bets $6
XCrewLeader calls $6
trogde calls $6

I bet here to see how good xcrewleader is sitting. If he has a nut low type hand H will probably re-raise me. He didn't so I think 7 draw is solid.

*** 6TH STREET ***
Dealt to trogde [Ac 7s Ks] [Jd]
Dealt to pokerenthusiast [6s 7d 4c 3s Qc] [6h]
Dealt to XCrewLeader [Ah Th 2s] [Kd]
pokerenthusiast bets $6
XCrewLeader folds
trogde folds
Uncalled bet of $6 returned to pokerenthusiast
pokerenthusiast mucks
pokerenthusiast wins the pot ($39)

With this 6 I have to bet. I look to be better even though I pair. I still have a draw to a better hand and they bricked. If they were floating me they have to lay the hand down.

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $41 | Rake $2
Seat 1: trogde folded on 6th St.
Seat 2: Gerv folded on 3rd St.
Seat 3: RHB111 folded on 3rd St.
Seat 4: CORNCOBBFLOP folded on 3rd St.
Seat 5: BeenHadStax folded on 3rd St.
Seat 6: Sospiro folded on 3rd St.
Seat 7: pokerenthusiast collected ($39), mucked
Seat 8: XCrewLeader folded on 6th St.

I have noticed some crazy call downs here as people just don't trust anyones bets. The agro players try hard to push you off hands and will pay you off a lot. I think it is important to mix it up once in a while so that you don't have an image that is overly tight. Just be willing to get away from hands that are less than top notch.

No comments: